Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Life Moments

NYC my 25th. Guilty. 
What do you spend most of your time doing?

Exercising. Reading. Volunteering. Spending time with friends.
or is it.. Facebook and Twitter??

I must admit sometimes I have a love hate relationship with social media. This is odd because I have a blog which is definitely the definition of Social Media.
I will argue that I hope we can stay connected without becoming disconnected.

Do you find yourself at dinner with your friends and check your twitter or facebook incessantly? Do you fill awkward moments of silence with a quick facebook check without drifting to a new topic of conversation?

I will say my favorite love language is quality time.. So I do believe in the power of time with others. Building memories, appreciating moments...

I say all of this to say.. Don't forget to actually live the moments. And not just tweet them.  I have no problem with twitter and facebook. I tweet with the best of them.. And OFTEN annoy myself with my own tweets. I do realize though that life is to be lived. I wonder how many books I could have finished with all the time I waste on my computer or would I be able to paint by now if I could go first to my painting book before immediately checking twitter.

I just thought I would pose a few questions today...??   Where do you spend your time? How do you develop your inner self?  I think the mid twenties is a special time.. We feel beautiful, focused, and youth is on our side. But when the beauty fades and the invincible feeling of the mid 20s pass us by.. Will we have developed our inner selves.. or tweeted ourselves into a passive existence.


AS ALWAYS. STAY FLY FREE AND FOREVER 25. 




*I still got love for social media though! lol.. I'm just sayin..

No comments: