Sunday, November 13, 2011

durham.. enjoy the journey

Hot Chocolate. I love fall :)


Hey Folks,

As you know.. I'm counting down to graduation. As the anticipation grows I am finding that my friends have completely written off the raleigh durham chapel hill area.

Maybe the hopeless romantic that I am.. and fairly optimistic... I LOVE THIS AREA. Although truth be told.. I do feel my time is drawing to an end here. I refuse to just write off these last months and not enjoy my time here.

There are so many great things to enjoy in chapel hill/durham. I am ALWAYS finding places that I have not explored. Unfortunately I think a lot of these feelings especially amongst twenty somethings has to do with dating. I would like to think that a special someone or more exciting friday night plans will not be the deal breaker for my memories of the chapel hill durham area. This area has been great to me. I've lived, loved, laughed, learned and grown into the fabulous woman that I am today.

SOO yes.. I take it a little personally when people just write off the triangle. It may not be nyc but there is character here and like anything in life... It is what you make it.

AND ladies... as much we hope to date and mix and mingle... Our happiness and joy should not be built solely on men. It should not be the solo factor to equaling happiness. Believe me.. finding love is very important to me. I hope to be wifed up to. But I REALLY believe in developing my inner self. Loving my life as God has given to me in this moment.

Remember this next time you start getting down on your surroundings and saying it would all be different if you had a significant other.   Boo or no boo. I love dirty durham as they call it.. chapel thrill and rough raleigh.   Enjoy the journey.. because there are single ladies in the big cities too. :-/ Real talk.


STAY FLY FREE AND FOREVER 25




Latest coffee shop I discovered in Durham:
Really nice place.. I am not sure why I have been here so long and never discovered SO many things.. Oh yeah..  I remember. Med school. Oh well. New day. :)

http://www.guglhupf.com/






HAPPY SUNDAY




2 comments:

Amanda said...

I was just telling a friend less than an hour ago that I'd love to stay in this area after school because I feel like there is SO MUCH MORE to do and experience that I miss out on because I am in school. There is so much culture and character in the area, not to mention the beauty of the landscape. Not many places you truly get to experience ALL FOUR SEASONS. I am loving the gorgeous autumn colors and then we get just the right amount of snow in winter to bring in the beautiful spring blossoms. :)

juju123 said...

Hey! I like this place too--they have a great patio and yummy desserts! Someone suggested it to me last year or I would've never known it existed since it's tucked in that building area. Glad you experienced it! I have so much more to explore too before our time here is over.

Oh, p.s. you inspired me to start a blog. I'm going to try to be diligent about this.