Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Natural is Professional.

Hey Folks.


I just finished my first interview. I felt great about it. I felt confident about my efforts over the past 4 years and I also felt great about how I looked!


Unfortunately after a wonderful experience I was bombarded with my mother once again telling me my hair looks unprofessional.
6am interview day #1


I was told to straighten my hair.




This is VERY frustrating. I went natural to be my true self. To not conform. To free my spirit and take better care of my health and fitness. I really hate weaves.. that is not an option.. and i don't have money to waste.. i.e.. straighten it and then sweat it out in yoga. I'm choosing my health 1st. 


SOOO what is professional. And WHY is being natural not considered professional. I'm fed up with trying to make others happy. And I really don't care anymore.


MY HAIR IS ME. The programs that I apply to will take me or leave me. Love me or leave me.  The same goes for dating as well. Dudes.. go look for weavy wonder and bone straight somewhere else.. cause I am going to do whatever I want. And that probably means working out over hair salon Fridays..  




Feel free to leave comments. Yay or nay. Does my look say professional? 

2 comments:

Candace said...

Lady you are GORGEOUS just as you are. Let your natural beauty shine!

Amanda said...

You look amazing and so professional! I know you did amazing!