Sunday, November 20, 2011

wine and baking

My new baking basics cookbook. Really explains the basics :)
As many of you all know... I am off from school until January 3rd! Yeahhhh boy!!!! :)  I haven't had a month off since the summer after 1st year. My life has been a full court press since the 2nd year of medical school started.  I'm excited to rest, explore a few programs and enjoy some free time.

WELL!!! What have I been up to in my free time?? I decided to hit the kitchen. Until yesterday I had NEVER baked anything alone from scratch. I usually stay out the kitchen. I hated the kitchen growing up... but slowly I have realized that baking can be relaxing, creative, a way of showing your love... and according to BFF Amanda.. helps us get ready for that future wifey status ;) 

Its amazing how life changes as you mature. Its all about being 25 and exploring new things :) 

It felt really good to bake. I had my music on. Sipped a little wine :)  I was also baking for others. I had two people in mind that have been kind to me and I wanted to let them know I appreciate their kindness. 


BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES :)

*google black bottom cupcakes and tons of recipes will come up!

My first cupcake from scratch :)

they look so pretty

swirling the creme cheese was my favorite part
This book was less then 10 dollars and really helped me out! 







I HOPE YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW SOON!!!   


And who knew my BFF Amanda was already a baking queen! Post of a recipe of hers coming soon! ;)


HAPPY SUNDAY!!




MORE PICS:

My first time using a hand mixer since maybe age 12...

My cream cheese blended with my new mixer skills ;)

My new stuff. I had to buy a bowl and hand mixer! 

Learned in my book the importance of accurate measuring of materials. I was focused. 











No comments: