Monday, October 31, 2011

Homecoming Season! Part 1

Briana and Brennen
Love this kid.
My almost a Morehouse Man. May 2012
I LOVE HOMECOMINGS 

I'm pretty sure I know where this love comes from. I grew up going to Tuskegee Homecomings with my family. It was always amazing to see my mom lose her serious demeanor and turn back to her college self with her friends. We would eat great food all day, dance, enjoy the marching band and end the day with watching the Delta Women sing around the Delta tree. My mom would giggle and scream all day every time she saw old friends.


My mom is on the far right. Tuskegee HC. Unknown year. 
I'm not sure but I've always thought black people take an extra pride in Homecomings.. It is this sense of family that is deep in our culture. We at the end of the day take pride in our education.. which was a fight to get in the first place and LOVE to have a good time.   


Well that brings me too SPELHOUSE 2011. My brother and friends definitely showed me a good time. I had a BLAST! The year of the 25 is definitely going to be a highlight when I look back at all my years. First... The party Friday night was epic. Somehow me and the girls were looking fly as ever. I ended up in VIP with the tables on a general ticket.  


Then there was the tailgate. The tailgate of ALL tailgates. DJ at every tent! Streets filled with people. Even my grandma was out there having a good time. Who needs to go to the football game? 


Delta Sigma Theta! We look good! Its a shame anyone in this crew is single. 

Me and Dr. Em!  

Not Ready..

Thanks to the Spelman women who made us outsiders feel welcome!

 
The Doctors. 


My brother's crew. Class of 2012 tent was SO hype. I threw myself right in the mix. ;) 
The Spelman Chapter definitely reminded me why I grew up wanting to be a Delta. PRIDE CONFIDENCE SISTERHOOD

The Spelman Chapter has SO much pride and enthusiasm. I LOVED IT!

DO IT LADIES! Hype! 

The Doctors. :-) I'm honorary Indy Crew


 GOTTA LOVE AN HBCU HOMECOMING. Nothing like it in the world. I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE. Thanks to those ancestors before me who fought for our institutions, educations and dreams. Education is power.  Don't take it for granted.

No comments: