Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wilmington, NC: GREAT SUMMER DAY TRIP!


Girls Day Trip 101

Candice, Amanda and myself.. AKA the Crew.. Decided we needed to take a day trip to the beach. Especially myself. I realized that I had not been to the beach ALL summer.. that darn med school grind.

I also realized.. unless someone sweeps me off my feet tomorrow (literally like last week) and proposes by February.. then this is likely my LAST year in North Carolina. Which is really bitter sweet. There are SOOOO many great cities in North Carolina to explore. I have really come to love this state and am so glad I was able to finally experience a little of Wilmington's southern charm.

Here we go! Girls Day Trip 101

1) Find somewhere semi close and inexpensive: You will be surprised how many little towns around you can offer relaxing fun.. Good food, shopping, change of scenery. Every trip does not need to be Vegas or NYC. :-)

2) Good Music:  This is a must. Everyone loves a good road trip with good music. Thank goodness Candice loves some Ryan Leslie ;-) I killt that CD! R Les.  Satellite radio in the ride helped too.

3) BRUNCH!!!   Who doesn't LOVE a good brunch on a quick getaway trip. This is usually my favorite part. My girls KNOW I love to eat.. or maybe its that I usually get hungry first. Ask a local. That is the key! They always know the best places to eat.

4) ROLL WITH THE FLOW!  Don't over plan a one day trip. There is not that much time in a day and it really should be about catching up with friends.

5) GIRL TALK: Everything is fair game on a girls day trip. So don't come holding secrets.

Randoms.. Sun screen of course.. even us chocolate girls out there. protect the luciousness :-0 Good magazines.. ipod.. snacks! Gas money and you all are good to go!



1 comment:

Amanda's mom said...

Aww!!! To be 25 again!! You go girls. I am proud of you!