Thursday, July 4, 2013

What up What up

What's new folks.

Philly is growing on me by the week. I'm still working too hard and playing a little harder.

Since we last spoke... I started my eat right, get right plan, watched Charlie Wilson shut it down on the BET awards ;), tried a few new recipes and had some friends over for dinner.

It's amazing how a little time to reflect and reset really helps the soul. Although I technically have not had a vacation I have been able to squeeze some me time in the midst of the clinic calls, notes, lab results and plain old fashion work. It did help my roomie was gone for almost 2 weeks. I was burning candles and listening to erykah badu like nobody's business.  I'm really starting to realize that I have to keep filling my life with things that bring joy, laughter and restore my soul... because residency will not do it. Enjoying the journey versus the final destination has never been truer.

Side Note: Has anyone seen being Mary Jane. The new Gabrielle Union series on BET??
I was actually very pleased with the overall caliber of the show... I wasn't sure if it would be tyler perry quality... or even worse. I was for the most part impressed. It seems as though they actually paid for quality.. all the way from the cameras, wardrobe to editing. Strange thing is... they give us a taste in July.. and then it does not come back on until January. I really do not understand BET. At All. I digress..
The show was almost too real. It showed Mary Jane coming home from work night after night alone, dealing with trifling brothers, getting hit on by married men... and overall wondering where her happy ending is. This is the story of so many. I really do hope BET continues to approach the topic with dignity and sensitivity. Cause... its hard out here in these streets :) The last thing we need is a horrible depiction of a hard working black woman.


Wellllllll Today is the FOURTH OF JULY!!!! THANK THE GOOD LORD I'm OFF!!!

I hope everyone enjoys the day. I am!! I am so glad i'm off. I couldn't say it enough. I got my run in this AM.  got my lounge on. Now its time to bbq and chill :) Holla!

SONG OF THE DAY!! I'm in full out cookout mode and miss my fam :)


Philly from 1717 Arch St 51st floor! 

My table for my gathering :)

My chicken veggie kabobs that I cant get over

Apparently I can't ride a bike. Blog post about this coming soon. 

Trying to be urban.. Then almost lost my life.. 

Yeah that's me :) I roasted that chicken right there!

Work hard play hard. 




No comments: