Saturday, April 16, 2011

What I LOVED about PARIS

I posted a few pics of Rome.. But what about Paris right??

WELL... I ABSOLUTELY LOVED PARIS. It was so refreshing for the soul. I was not expecting to enjoy Paris as much as I did.


On day 1 of Paris I actually woke up before the crew and walked the streets on my own for a few hours. It was calming, refreshing and probably one of the best mornings of the trip for me :-)  I stopped by a bakery, found a quiet H & M, and just enjoyed walking the streets of Paris.



On Day 1 and 2 We enjoyed the museums :-) We went to the Louvre (saw the monet lisa) and Musee d' Orsay. I loved both but must say that the Musee d'Orsay was my favorite. I really enjoyed the paintings of Renior, Claude Monet and Degas. Van Gogh was cool too.. but I was not in love with Van Gogh.. shrug.

A few of my favorites.
Renoir

Degas

Degas.

Of course We enjoyed the Eiffel Tower and I loved the Ard de Triomphe :-) I must say.. getting to the top of the eiffel tower was REALLY tough for me. I do not think I ever need to go to the top again. My stomach dropped and I felt anxious.  





OVERALL..

I love fresh flowers. Flower shops were everywhere :-)
I loved Paris. I loved how the people sit outside and enjoy each others company. I loved the shopping, the architecture, the old feel of the city.. And of course it is filled with romance. Young and old couples having picnics in the park, public affection (idk how i felt about that hehe), and the overall sense that we work to live. Not live to work. 

I will definitely be returning to Paris one day. Hopefully for 2 weeks or more. :-) I will definitely need more words in my arsenal then mer see.


I am blessed beyond measure.
first day in Paris.. i look a little crazy!


Beautiful streets

Streets of Paris

Cathedral of Notre Dame

The Louvre

Level 2 of the eiffel tower. I was so scared.
The Sun setting while on the eiffel tower.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So happy for you having had such an amazing time on your first Euro vacay! I wish I could have been there to experience Paris with you again. It is definitely an amazing city. The motto of working to live is one that I think all Europeans live by and one that I definitely want to live by. Can't wait until we can just pick a random 2 weeks to take off work and go...I'll have to take you to Venice and Seville along with Paris. Those were my favorite cities when I was across the pond. :)