Saturday, February 12, 2011

yogalicious??

Whats another thing great about being almost 25??   Health and Fitness. Looking back at college pictures it seems as though everyone had an extra 10 or more pounds then they do now. All my friends have shedded the dining hall pounds and I would say are really looking fabulous. The mid twenties! I tell ya.

Today I want to shine a little light on yoga. I'm not sure who has tried it.. But I like it. I am about to challenge myself for the upcoming spring to really get into yoga. I would say I'm going to do a yoga challenge. For the month of March I want to go to yoga 2-3 times a week and see how I feel at the end of the month. I'm sure it will be great. And i'll be looking and feeling yogalicious. Shout out to methyl who has  joined the yoga fun!  The ladies who do yoga have the best bodies. Strength, flexibility and lean.

My favorite spot. http://franklinstyoga.com/
Favorite Classes: Saturday at 9 and Wed at 4:15
this is warrior 2 i think

Dancers pose. My favorite




BEWARE: Yoga is tough. People often think its slow, just stretching, will be easy..  blah blah blah. Go to a real flow yoga class and you will WORK!! Try a beginner class first to understand the concepts and poses and then step it up to the real class. OH and all the classes at FTY are heated. So be ready to sweat.

Have I ever said how much I love a nice saturday morning. Clean, the radio and then yoga :-)  and of course my yoga challenge will begin after surgery ends :-)  till then... i'll do what i can. :-0

STAY FLY AND 25

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out!! And you are so right, we have all shed those dining hall pounds quite nicely! I am almost back to the weight I was at the beginning of undergrad! And thanks for turning me on to be Yogalicious! Have you tried Hot Yoga? It's not nearly as relaxing to me as the yoga I'm used to but you feel so good sweating so much that by the end you feel like you've just melted off some fat. LOL I'm going to try and go to a Hot Yoga class tomorrow evening. Enjoy your Saturday.
<3