Tuesday, December 21, 2010

whats on the menu?? not much apparently....

Well I have reached my mid twenties and my culinary skills are sub par to say the least. I have made it pretty close to the age of 25 on the stir fry, chicken breast and sweet potato diet.

The days of limited dinner options are coming to an end. I have decided to slowly but surely up the ante and step my skiils up. I used to think well... I am going to be the family doc so if I cannot throw down on mac and cheese for thanksgiving nobody will be mad right??  wrong.

Whatever. I am a grown woman and its time to get with the program. I will be enjoying more delicious meals in the year of the 25. Starting with my new cookbook!  Last night me and my homie Sophia made broiled shrimp po boys! It was delicious. fire alarm went of three times but it was fun. Most folks know I was born in New Orleans and LOVE the food.. which is often deep fried and full of calories. This healthier option hit the spot. Instead of frying your shrimp try broiling the shrimp in bread crumbs! Quick and delicious.

We had so much fun! This is the life. Post internal medicine shelf exam life.

Here is a pic of my new cookbook.

Here is a pic of my shrimp... the bread crumbs burn quick.. but it was still good :-)

If you are 25 and your menu has less than 5 items ladies... Its time to step the ante up right with me.

Lets get it!!

almost 25 and loving it.

No comments: