Wednesday, December 14, 2011

R&B Music... Leaves much to be desired..

After reading an article titled Where is the love in R&B music?  recommended by a friend I begin to think about the current state of R&B music.

It definitely leaves much to be desired. Currently it is possible to listen to the radio for an hour and not hear any song that mentions LOVE. What you will hear.... are recurrent themes of one night stands, lust, and sex. Its no wonder our generation is struggling to stay married. What happened to the Ribbons In the Sky... The Sweet thangs...
This article brings up a good point. Maybe our music represents many of the current issues of our society. Single family homes and divorce are the norm.

Do you have a favorite R&B Love song that represents what R&B used to be???

Check out the CNN article and some of my favorite R&B Love Songs.


My favorites:

Chaka Kahn and Rufus :) Classic of classics


Stevie Wonder Ribbons in the Sky. I want this played at my wedding. 


This might be my absolute favorite. I swear.. If a man plays this for me...
Prince. Adore.


DeAngelo. LADY. Never gets old! 

New Jam by tyrese. Reminds me of early 90s R&B. Good effort. I life it. 



Maxwell Get To Know Ya. I LOVE THIS SONG. 


1 comment:

LaVonne said...

Awesome post! I wholeheartedly agree...and excellent song choices, btw. Had me rockin'over here :)