Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011



Hey Friends :) I had a wonderful Christmas Holiday. I hope you all did too. My favorite theme of the holidays is enjoying the company and love of others. I could do without the gift giving..  (quality time is all I need).

My holiday highlights!!

- Brennen was home! Last year Brennen was away in Central America. We definitely missed him. His personality is hilarious and we love when he takes a few of his "busy" time to hang with his family.

- Movie Night with the fam :)  I asked my folks on the way: "If they could name one thing that has kept them married for 25 yrs.. What would it be?"  My dad quickly took the lead and told us how much he loves my mom and would not be able to live without her. He told us how much he enjoys her company and loves to be around her. It was a VERY endearing moment.  Reminded me to stay positive that I might find love like that one day.

-NO APPLEBEES FOR US!!  We finally got my parents out to a restaurant other than applebees or outback! We had to expand their horizon. Brennen and myself took the parentals to a great seafood spot in ATL called 6 feet under. It was great! I think mama B enjoyed it too!

- The doggies!!  Other than that one time I had to do the doggie heimlich maneuver... I enjoyed taking my parents pooches for walks and playing with them around the house.

Brennen and me at 6 feet under. We looked like tourist. O well!

Christmas dinner at my Great Aunt's house :)

My DAD! Best Dad Ever. Love u dad. 

Mom was fly Christmas day. We kept calling her the original ATL housewife -except she works ;) . Sheree doesn't have anything on Mama B. 

Me and my mom :) Love ya mom. 


Asherah and I at TWO URBAN LICKS (rec by Brennen)  thanks lil bro! 

FLY FABULOUS AND 25. And did I add both future Doctors  (MD AND PHD) 

Bosco aka spoiled

Sky :) Tired after we walked all over the neighborhood. We survived.. because apparently black people do not lock their dogs up. Free dogs everywhere. I had my stick though! 





1 Corinthians 13

The Greatest Gift
 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whetherthere is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved this post Bri! Mamma Buckner is looking FLY!! Hey Bucker Family! <3 :)

Shera said...

Love it Briana!!!