Saturday, February 4, 2012

Where have I been??

Hey Folks,

Well let me say.. Its been too long! I am usually full of inspiration but lately have been lacking. I have been so busy with school and traveling for residency interviews that I have lost a little of my creative spirit. Or maybe I haven't lost it but have just been soooo worn out to share it.

No worries. Its coming back. Today as I enjoy a peaceful Saturday in my apartment enjoying my solitude I am definitely reflecting and have thoughts to share. Oh! and a new recipe :)

So whats new. Well the main thing on my mind is residency. Where will I end up? This is the question of the minute, hour, day, week, everything right now. Medicine is so odd. We have to interview all over the country submit a list of top choices, and hope that we will end up at a place we can thrive and grow.

And what really makes it complicated.... some programs have better reputations in lackluster locations, their laid back, or old school, everyone is married, some programs have absolutely no diversity, or they need you for that one spot in the pamplet with the email for the office of diversity. I mean who wants to be the token? I don't know how they did it during integration. side note shout out to Black History Month.

At the end of the day it comes down to where do I want to spend the next 3 yrs or more, where will I have the best opportunities to become a cardiologist, and will my social life outside of the hospital be what I'm looking for. After tossing and turning about where a single gal should live.. I'm starting to let it go. Realizing that I am truly making this decision for myself. I can't be confined by the fear that I won't find love and let love find me.
Real talk i am a catch :) But really though truth aside. These thoughts can start to consume a twenty something who wants to have it all. Love, career, travel, family, creativity, spiritual growth, peace, joy.

I say this all to keep it real about what the year of the 25 is all about. Reality, adventure, vulnerability, new experiences. Folks thought that I was putting too much emphasis on 25. I say why not. I mean at 25 I will graduate medical school, finally start my career, I'm officially growing into the woman I want to be. God has destined me for great things if I can just let Him guide me. I'm done worrying about being single. I'm going to let it be. Let it happen. Where I end up I will make everyday the best I can. End of story. If brothers decide not to step up. Their loss. Because truth be told.. I am really learning the joy of being me.  I LOVE  MY LIFE. ALL OF IT.

The strength this year has given me for life is remarkable. If you're moving toward a new challenge in life.. single or not. Do it without fear.




New Recipe:
Quick Pizza :) It was delicious. Quick and Easy. Trying to work on quick recipes for residency.
I used my cooking light cook book.
Ingredients: Basically all you need are tomatoes, pizza dough out the can in the refrigerator section, olive oil, basil, balsamic vinaigrette, fresh mozzarella cheese.

- Bake the bread on a baking sheet for 6-7 min with a little cooking spray on the sheet, then take out, spread your garlic glove and a little olive oil on the bread. Add tomatoes, fresh cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bread brown. Add a little basil, salt, pepper, and mixed balsamic and extra light virgin olive oil on top. Delicious.



No comments: