Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentines Day Reflection



Of course I am a few days late on this one. Me and my partner in crime Amanda went to see the fabulous Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. They come to unc EVERY year. I love Chapel Hill. If you really make an effort there are plenty of things to enjoy in this area. Anywho...

The first act was a very musical and modern display of relationships. The act displayed great emotion, it was volatile, musical, and dynamic. All aspects of relationships that we encounter throughout life.  Art and expression always remind me of the most beautiful things in life. The purest passion in life often involves loving others. friends family, children...   To all my homies and friends.. Know that I LOVE YOU!! shout out to amanda for being my valentine :) she is on team wifey 2014 but she still took time out for hangin with her bff :)

I hope you did something wonderful for Valentines Day. It's not just a day for lovers ;)

If you have never experienced the joy of an alvin ailey show. It is not too late. They are currently on tour. Check out their website http://www.alvinailey.org/ . The history of the dance company is pure and rich. Their performances provide a unique reflection of African American culture through dance.

http://www.alvinailey.org/about/company/alvin-ailey-american-dance-theater






THE YEAR OF THE 25

Living life to the fullest :)



No comments: