Friday, September 14, 2012

Boutique Heaven

My week started out sooo promising. I had exciting plans for Wednesday and Thursday that within the blink of a text and an email were non existent. Luckily I am a resourceful girl and have no fear about enjoying myself solo :)  I got off work Friday. Grabbed my comfy shoes, put my pumps in the bag and headed to the wonderful neighborhood of old city.

To my surprise and delight I discovered a wonderful and unique vintage shop in Philly called Culture Couture.  It was fabulous. On a quiet street off busy market street lies a small and quaint boutique that specializes in designer vintage clothing. I walked in to the sounds of erykah badu (throwback erykah track at the bottom) and jill scott. I knew i was in for a treat. I loved it! Those who know me know I love to shop. And since moving to Philly I am amazed at how much my style is already changing to more city chic and becoming a reflection of where I am in life. A little more sophisticated, a little less about the sale and more about the item itself... a little more... Me :) plus u need quality stuff to survive all this walking.

Here are a few pics from the store. Check out their tumblr page for more sophisticated photos. and one of my favorite erykah badu jams at the bottom :)

http://culturedcouturevintage.tumblr.com/

For inquiring minds.. I did find an awesome sweater. I wanted to get more but i am a fashionista on a budget ;) I know this store is here.. I'll be back when my cash flow is more on point :)
menswear side


ladies clothing, great selection of tops that can be paired with skirts!


great jewelry by a local artist





if i was a man i would definitely shop here




No comments: