Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Random Thoughts



Hey Peeps!

Well as you guessed... I am still in Chicago. It feels like I have been here forever but I have two weeks left. Whats on my mind this week... Just a few random topics.


Lets talk hair real quick.. 
Last week me and my natural hair were having issues. I looked like I had a brillo pad on my head. I could not figure out what was going on. MY HAIR WAS DRY. That was it! Simply needed some moisture. I had to grease that stuff up real good!! It always amazes me how much moisture my hair needs. If you have natural hair... Don't doubt yourself when your hair is not looking its best. Its probably in need of some love.
A few of my favorite lines.. Jane Carter and Miss Jessies baby buttercreme

my up do..
Side note.. Does anyone know of any new hair styles I can try. I am approaching another awkward stage. My fro is getting a little robust.. and sometimes I feel like my hair is a bit much for the hospital. I could be unnecessarily self conscious. Here is my go to hair style when the fro gets to be too much... But I really do need more ideas. If you know some good styles.. EMAIL ME! briana1523@gmail.com



WORK OUT GROOVE.

Guess whose slacking.. Me. I know. Not my style. Things will get better when I get back to my own crib and routine. Until then... I have enjoyed running the Lake Shore trail in Chicago along Lake Michigan. Its really pretty and peaceful. Fall is upon us.. but keep up with the work out hustle! It always feels good to roll up to fall football games and parties feeling your best ;-)





WORK LIFE BALANCE

At 25.. I find this one of my greatest struggles. How to balance being intense in my career and passionate about life. Have you mastered this yet? If so... please let me know. I always start a new rotation on point.. studying hard, reading everything, working out, and by the end.. burnt out.. barely functioning. Where do we strike the balance? There are so many aspects of being on point. Looking presentable and put together... not wearing your fatigue on your sleeve or bringing unexpected moods onto co workers..  Trying not to have a Serena "I am not the one moment" is really a daily goal. Some nurses push me REAL close.. not going to lie.   Oh and don't even add underlying currents of work life... Like that cutie on your team that distracts you when you are trying to present.. or that hater that gets under your skin... or your homie who always makes u laugh at the wrong time..   And can someone answer this question for me... Do men really try and talk to attractive women in the work place.. ?? What is the trend these days.. I feel like i am new to the work world. The hospital has its own weird rules anyways.  Just thoughts to ponder. Give me your comments.   Pray for me.. this medical ICU is wearing me out :-)



MUSIC OF THE WEEK.

My Chicago run playlist  Google a few. :-)

- Electric Feel MGMT  ( little bro put me on this)
- Beautiful People Chris Brown. chris breezy makes me want to stop my run and dance. no lie.
- Cudi Zone: Kid cudi. man on the moon. Love this kid.
- Thank You: The Blueprint 3 Jay Z. Jigga. No words needed.
- Christian Dior Denim Flow. Kanye ... "Kanye shrug"
- Common: Love is! I cant come to chi town and not listen to common. Chicago's finest :-)
- end of time. King B! and baby B too ;-)
- Party.. Beyonce.. Cause what.. I'm dripping swaggooooo
- Champion Graduation Kanye West
- Lift Off: Watch the Throne :-)  I am taking it to the stars



ALRIGHT FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP IT FLY FREE AND 25

Live your dreams. Love Life. And Thank GOD for all his mighty blessings :-)










No comments: