Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Health and Happiness :)

Cooper River Bridge in Charleston SC
Its official! Me and my girls are running the Cooper River Bridge Run in March. I am very excited! Cooper River Bridge is a beautiful 6 mile race in the city of Charleston, SC. Its one of the many races on my bucket list. I've heard the race route is beautiful.


In light of our new race goal I thought I would quickly mention winter time running. I have always been more of a spring/fall runner. In extreme temperatures I tend to go indoors. This year I have decided to take my running a little more seriously and gear up for cold weather running. I really have no excuse.. seeing that North Carolina has mild winters.

Alright folks! So this is what you need for winter time running:

- Long running tights! These are must. Shorts are a no go.
- GLOVES!! Oh yeah.. These are a must have as well.
- Good insulated running jacket. These can be expensive. Major investment.
- NEVER Be Afraid to Layer. Sometimes I have tights on tights on tights :)
- ear muffs can be helpful too
- A good hat!

Here I am in my new running gear :)

This jacket was Christmas purchase. It cost me 70 dollars. I compared  products and went to quite a few stores. Its nike. Has a spot for my keys. Its insulated. Plus I love the color!

My new running kicks! My favorite brand Mizzuno. Courtesy of my mom :)  These have $100 value. Lucky my mom got them as a gift. YES! 

My new women's running glove! I love these things!!! Fit well. Look sleek with my jacket :)

I love the little spot for my key :) Gloves $12 (on clearance)




Stay Fly! Running in the winter is possible! Surprisingly it is not too bad! Esp if you live in NC. :)


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hot! You are ALMOST inspiring me to start running :-) maybe I can speedwalk!