Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Series: Dating Gone Wrong.

I think its time to start a new blog series called DATING gOne WRONG!

We have all been on a REALLY REALLY awkward date. The night starts out very blissful and hopeful. Feeling fresh, smelling good and outfit is right on time :)  Then the evening starts to turn.....  In many situations it turns instantly upon introduction. Especially if this is an online dating set up. Other times.. give the guy a few minutes to warm up and no worries. Awkwardness on lock. 

For my fellas out there.. I know what you are thinking. What is this chic talking about?? What makes a date awkward?? just a few Examples...

- Trying to kiss a girl too soon. like maybe on the first date! UGhh. If I do not even know you! Why would we want to swap spit. I can think of ALL the foul things going on in there (fut doc in me).. SLOW YOUR ROLL. Nicely quoted in Love Jones.. "We like it slow and easy." :-)

- Texting me to tell me you are outside. If this is a date.. Please come knock on my door. That mess makes things awkward.  or on the flip side. At the end of the night not taking off your seat belt. Getting out of the car. AND WALKING me to MY DOOR! NO you will probably not get an invite in!  But you will never know because you did not even unbuckle your seat belt!

- The check at the end of the meal. KING of awkward moments. You will get PLENTY of cool points if you can be smooth at this moment. Fumble this moment if you want to. But guess what.. We wILL FUMBLE YOU. On to the next one. Okay maybe that sounds a little brutal. **lets just say..this is the first sign of a man's manners and appreciation of my time. VERY KEY MOMENT.

- I've noticed there is a trend to text your date what you are wearing.. I.E.. I'm keeping it casual. idk.. not a good move. just let the lady do her thing and bring whatever A game she is trying to bring. Somethings go without saying.


** These are just a few of many. In the next couple of weeks I will be posting stories from friends who have had some awkward.. DATING GONE WRONG moments.  If you have ANY!! LET ME KNOW! We can keep it anonymous.

** And then maybe after this.. We'll do DATING GONE RIGHT!  Because it does occasionally go right. I mean fella just hits it out the park :-)   tOO bad.. I haven't seen a home run in awhile. :-0
i've got stories though. no worries.


TILL NEXT TIME!!
keep it fly fresh and 25.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, I've never had the wardrobe text before! That is awkward...why would a man ever do something like that? What does keeping it casual mean? Does he want us to roll out in jeans and a t-shirt. That's something you text to your girlfriends when you are about to go out and party, not to your date!! Oh the joy of dating in 2011...