Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I will wait for you" by Official P4CM Poet JANETTE...IKZ



Lady In Waiting.

Hello Friends. I had to share this wonderful poetry. This girl spilled her heart out. Its amazing how God provides tid bits of inspiration when u need it. Well of course u know I have been posting about dating at 25. And frankly its been dissapointing. I thought newly single would mean full of fun dates and convo. When it did not happen.. of course the frustration and what the heck is wrong with black men emotions came (still wondering.. but not as strong. haha) But somewhere in the midst of that God directed me to change my focus. And this poetry definitely reflects that.
The book I'm currently reading.. I know I know. Forever reading something. Gotta feed the soul.
Anyway I'm reading a book called Lady in Waiting. Its about being a woman of God and about how your life doesnt begin when u find Mr. Right. Its start everyday when u wake up to serve God. What are u waiting for? For your Joy to start once u meet another earthly being. This time as a single woman without a family and kids is when we can give so much to God and ourselves.
We can be a lady of reckless abandonment to God. Be a Lady of diligence. A Lady of service. A lady of kindness. a Lady of hospitality. All these things are meant to occur with or without Mr. Right. http://www.amazon.ca/Waiting-Expanded-Jackie-Jones-Kendall/dp/0768423104

If you are single and feeling the pressures of being a woman in your 20s.. Never hesitate to Look to God. and Read the book of Ruth. Quick read about a woman who was faithful and God provided.

This poetry jam reminded me of where my true focus lies. My Joy is in the Lord.

STAY FLY AND 25.

No comments: